Friday, August 17, 2012

Felix Cartal - Tonight ft Maja Ivarsson + Remixes



I've been waiting on this one. This single had the potential to be a massive summer track, when I hear those vocals I feel like I'm being touched up by angels. The original is good but I think once it gets to the chorus/drop it just loses my attention so I'm glad there was really strong remix selection to release with it. Botnek had my vote before I'd even heard the others, these guys are on fire right now! Seen them in Glasgow and they had people hitting the roof with mostly originals and remixes of their own.



Other remixes on the release come from Autoerotique, Hot Mouth and Jay Fay.

The Hot Mouth remix is a second favourite for me. Its a good one to just move to, maybe not something I'd play out to get people jumping but it scraps the big breakdowns for some solid electronic cuts.



The Autoerotique remix is a big banger but its rounded synth squeaks remind me too much of Knife Party (something thats been getting on my nerves with electronic music lately). Still I can't fault it as a remix.



Jay Fay's remix is also decent. I wasn't keen at first because its slowed down moombahton banger but I guess its good to hear a completely different take on the song. Asides from that its an absolute banger!



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE IRONWORKS & JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS PRESENT - RITON
SUPPORT FROM THEM & US // POLYMATH // BOOMSHANK REDEMPTION

1ST SEPTEMBER // IRONWORKS // £10

BUY TICKETS  -  EVENT PAGE - IRONWORKS

No comments:

Post a Comment