Friday, March 2, 2012

[Exclusive] Top Five with Nik Cooper


It feels like years since I last got time to post on here so I'm very excited to be able to come back and give you all something new to read and listen to. First up I should explain that this is a new feature that I have decided to take on.


As often as I can, I will convince someone from the music industry to make up a selection of there top five tracks while I introduce this person to you all. Our first exclusive selection comes from Russian promoter/producer Nik Cooper.


I first heard of Nik when he contacted me about one of my remixes, was easy to tell from the start that this was someone with a lot organisation and a passion for electro house. Ten minutes into our conversation and he had already spoke to the owner of one of the biggest electronic labels in the world about my music with a quick and positive response. Unlike a lot of promoters, Nik isn't all talk because he doesn't piss about. He. Gets. Shit. Done. Oh, and he's not a dick! In fact he is a genuinely friendly dude.
He's YouTube channel is not bad either to say the least with just over 5500 subscribers and not shy of 1,000,000 views. As far as young promoters come, he has to be up there with the most connected and well respected.
So I couldn't pass up the chance to let Nik choose some of his favorite tracks for our new feature.


Hey there, I’m Nik Cooper – producer, promoter and designer. I’ve began my music career 1 year ago, as a producer, later I’ve got connections with my favorite artists such as Alex Mind, Lazy Rich and many more – so I began also promoting artists and labels. Today, I’m partnering with up to 30 record labels and up to 100 artists from all over the world.
Many people asks me what I’ve done to be successful and connected with a large amount of people from the EDM scene, and I think the only secret is: Never give up. People always told me that I won’t be able to do something, but I did it anyways – I believed in myself. Also, I believe that anyone can contact anyone – we all are humans, we all have ways to get contacted by everyone: Email, Facebook or even Skype. So you guys shouldn’t give up.
I never had any help from anyone, I’ve done everything by myself only. Just BELIEVE and be POSITIVE, and you will success, not only in music.

I’ve got a large amount of favorite tunes, but I think that my top 5 are:

1.      Porter Robinson – The Wildcat
Such an amazing tune ! I freakin’ love Porter’s melodies, it sounds so good with the Electro House basslines and effects. Porter is one of my favorite artists, this dude is fuckin’ awesome !

(preview unavailable)
2.      Kaskade ft. Mindy Gledhill - Eyes (Alvin Risk Remix)
Alvin is a crazy guy, I like chatting with him, he is amazing. This tune is one of my favorites too, I really like the original vocals, and the amazing screaming bass from Alvin. I like the lead, the vocals, the bass – I like everything there.

3.      KOAN Sound - Meanwhile, In The Future
Oh god, this tune is so sick. Amazing funky intro always relax me, and then, HOT bass – a great balance between the bass, the kicks, the melody and everything. I always enjoy listening to this tune.

4.      Zedd - Shave It (501 Remix)
Yeah, I’ve discovered 501 from one of my partner labels. I really love this remix, really relaxing one, a great balance between the melody and the dubstep bass. Always relaxing me.

5.      Porter Robinson - Unison (Knife Party Remix)
Yeah, Knife Party surprised me. I love this tune, with Porter’s amazing melody and Knife Party’s amazing bass and effects – this tune made me go crazy. I LOVE IT !
I have a lot of plans for my channel, bringing new styles, new artists, new labels. But I would like to tell you guys about something new and HOT !


I was thinking about something that people will like, and I guess I found it. I’ve invented the ‘Bass Ring’ show. In this show, I bring 2 great artists with their greatest hits to one 15minute long mini-mix (mixed by myself) – people will love it ! I’ve worked on it a lot, and I hope that my fans will love it.
Thank you guys for reading this one ! Justice Never Sleeps are amazing guys, pretty sure that they will be BIG ! You can visit my channel for your daily dose of electronic music: youtube.com/musicvvawe
Best Regards,
Nik Cooper.

You can check his channel out on  http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicVVawe for the latest episode of Bass Ring and some fantastic promos.

No comments:

Post a Comment